If you’re one of the millions of Americans missing all of your teeth or need extensive work due to dental disease.
An All-on-Four procedure can replace your top and/or bottom teeth in a single arch using four dental implants. Trust Lakeshore Dental Specialists for one of the best All-on-Four dental implants in Detroit. We care about our patients and go the extra mile to ensure you receive the oral health you need.
Request a Consultation
How does All-on-Four work?
Prior to your surgery, we will do a 3D image of your jawbones and mouth (including any existing teeth) so we can properly position your implants.
You can choose the shape and color of your new teeth and a functional prosthesis will be ready the day of your surgery. The prosthesis will be attached to four titanium implant posts that are set in your jawbone. The new teeth are a single unit that is secured to the dental implants, which are positioned to fit around your jawbone. After your procedure, the teeth will stay firmly in place and you will be able to chew normally.
Will my new implants need cleaning?
We remove the All-on-Four teeth every year and professionally clean the gums around each implant. We also clean the prosthesis and remove any stains or plaque buildup. It is important to check the health and stability of your implants.
You can expect your mouth to be a little sensitive for a couple of weeks. You may need to adjust to a soft diet for the first six weeks, which will allow your implants and mouth to heal properly. It’s important to drink plenty of water, at least several eight-ounce glasses a day.
What happens after my All-on-Four procedure?
Dr. Sweeney will discuss with you when you can return to your normal diet. Make sure not to rinse or touch your incisions for a day or two following your procedure.
A good mouth rinse and carefully brushing your teeth, perhaps with a baby toothbrush, should be part of your healing process. Another idea is to rinse with warm salt water a few times every day. A teaspoon of salt in a cup will do the trick. A couple of other suggestions: you can use an ice pack for 20 minutes at a time to reduce swelling and should limit any major physical activities for a few days. Redness and minor bleeding visible in your saliva can occur in the first two days after your procedure. Use a gauze pad directly on the area for half an hour when this occurs.
Top 10 benefits from All-on-Four Implants
- Comfort: There is no sliding or gum irritation
- Better taste buds: this procedure leaves the roof of your mouth exposed to allow for a more natural taste function
- No stains: the teeth are made of porcelain or zirconia, materials that do not collect dark colors from beverages
- Elimination of health issues: all-on-four implants help fend off periodontal disease
- Functionality: You will be able to eat food easier than traditional dentures because your jawbone, not your gums, adsorbs pressure from biting down
- No appearance of false teeth: you won’t feel embarrassed as the prosthesis is attached to the implants, keeping them solidly in place
- Convenient: No need to remove your dentures every night for cleaning
- Less surgery: it would be more painful and take several visits to replace each missing tooth
- Easy care: daily brushing and flossing is easy with implants
- Save on cost & time: All-on-Four Dental Implants In Detroit are more cost-effective and time-efficient than other replacement solutions
Contact our office today to request an appointment or click below to book online. A team member will reach out to confirm your appointment.
18501 E 8 Mile Rd, Eastpointe, MI 48021